Monday, June 28, 2010

Homemade Hamburger Helper. Genius or nothing special?


On Samster Mommy she posted about making a homemade hamburger helper. It looked delicious! She directed us readers to another blog for the full information which is what we're going to do here at "Chickens in the Road"(click here).
It's cooking on my stove right now so we'll post later on how it tastes but I think it's genius.

1) Economical-it's 1 1/2 cups noodles, water, milk and seasonings. Maybe some cheese, maybe a small can of tomatoes. That's it! For Aaron and I one 16-oz box of noodles (12 oz=3 cups) would last 3+ meals with leftovers. Plus milk and seasonings which we have in bulk it's a win-win on the wallet.

2) Healthier- It's all almost natural ingredients without all the preservatives of the boxed variety. Plus you can add red beans, peppers, potatoes or rice instead of noodles etc.. to really hearty up the meal.

3) Easy to cook on a busy night. Or when you're waiting to deliver and don't want to stand too long in a hot kitchen :)


We just took it off the stove so we'll report back on the turn-out!!

Jenna and Sydney

1 comment:

  1. When I was a kid, my best friend's family had Hamburger Helper all the time for dinner. I was so jealous. It wasn't until I started feeding my own family that I discovered how UNHEALTHY HH is. Thank you for discovering a healthy version of HH! I'm excited to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails