Saturday, June 12, 2010

Zucchini Chocolate Cake

Love the bright color of the zucchini in this recipe. My son did the grating of the zucchini. Made it easy for me. So, I took 1/2 cup melted butter, 1 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 large egg. I mixed that together. Then, I added in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 3 Tablespoons sour cream and 1 cup of finely grated zucchini.

Then, the dry stuff. I added in 1 cup of flour, 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts. Mix. Nice.
Spray pan with cooking spray, pour batter into pan, and bake at 350 degrees. This recipe was originally for cupcakes. I decided to do a small round instead. I cooked this for about 30 plus minutes..checking it quite frequently, since I was not sure of the baking time.
It turned out just fine. This cake is heavy....very dense.
Yum....fancied it up with a little powdered sugar. Whip cream or a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream would have been nice, also. But, lets talk TRUTH. My family was not that thrilled about this cake. It was not a hit. I liked it because I prefer homemade and it tasted like it was good for you-ha! So, give it a try and let me know your opinion. To make and bake...or not to make and bake!!!!! Recipe is from the the May 2010 magazine, Everyday Food!


2 comments:

  1. Mmm! Looks divine! Aaron has been asking me to make a zucchini cake for a while so now I have a good recipe to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are willing to tell the TRUTH. My family probably wouldn't be cheering for it either...because of the healthiness of the taste. I would probably LOVE it for that exact reason. Wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails