Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Old Man Winter?

The official first day of winter arrives on the 21st. But, Old Man Winter paid us a very tiny and small visit in the night. Here we have a very slight dusting of beautiful snow. I guess it is a little peek and reminder of what is yet to come our way this winter. I am looking forward.
So, I just had to pull out one of my most favorite platters. I just love it. I bought it on a trip up north a few years ago. One of my favorite quilt shops, The Ice House, has a year round Christmas room in their attic. That is where I scored this fun find...and for 1/2 off.
This morning it just seemed like the right thing to do...cocoa, apple cinnamon muffins and a few chocolate chip oatmeal breakfast cookies....really, their is no such thing as a breakfast cookie, or is their? Hmmmm. No matter. Time to settle in for a terrific winter and holiday season.
What are you baking and making this holiday season? xo
Apple Cinnamon Muffins!
1 egg, 3/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup oil, 1/3 cup applesauce, 1 teaspoon vanilla. Mix all together.
Next...
I mix into the wet ingredients, a chopped up and apple , a handful of raisins and some chopped walnuts...oh, and a little sprinkling of wheat germ.
Next...
1 cup flour, 1 cup oatmeal, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, 3 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix dry ingredients together, and add into wet ingredients. Mix just enough to get dry ingredients mixed in....batter will be a bit lumpy.
Grease a muffin pan or use paper muffin cups. Fill cups at least 3/4 full of batter. Bake at 350 for right around 20 minutes.
Smells so good and tastes yummy!

3 comments:

  1. These look so good! Cute dish too. That first bit of snow is so fun! I am baking cookies and I make a bundt cake for all my neighbors every Christmas...have fun! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie...one of the first memories I have of your blog is your Chocolate Peppermint Bundt cakes that you make for your friends and neighbors. They look so beautiful, cheerful, festive and delicious. I have two bundt pans..I believe you have six-ha! You can really get your cakes going.
    I am making your Slow Cooker Potatoes for our Ward Christmas party this year. I know they will be so good. You have such super recipes. Thanks. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breakfast cookies? In our house, occasionally, there is breakfast fudge, breakfast pie, and breakfast cake! Thank goodness that doesn't happen too often...and never on a school day.

    I don't bake as much anymore since I went off sugar, but I love to make non-sugar banana muffins. I'm also make excellent fudge, and love to watch the family gobble it up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails