Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Easter Bouquet of Cupcakes

These bright Easter Cupcakes are so fun and easy. I have made these for many years. They sell out quickly at bakesales and are gone almost instantly at parties. Start with baking your favorite cupcake....I love lemon zinger cupcakes or chocolate cupcakes. Cool cupcakes completely.


Make a batch of frosting or you can easily use pre-made whipped white frosting from a can.
Divide frosting into cups and add food coloring...grab sprinkles...and a bag of marshmallows. I have tried less expensive marshmallows. They do not work as well as Jet-Puff by Kraft. Frost cupcakes.



Using scissors, cut the marshmallow into three pieces (cut width of marshmallow, not length, in order to fit on standard size cupcakes).


Let the sprinkling begin.



Place marshmallow petals on frosted cupcake...4 petals per cupcake. Use extra sprinkles or pipe frosting in the middle of cupcake to make a center for your flower (see below).



Hard to resist eating them all or making an Easter bouquet of cupcakes!



*Hoosier Homeade was kind enough to let us link up with their site and feature our cupcakes on their Cupcake Tuesday! So exciting for new bloggers like us!


7 comments:

  1. So fun! I'm glad you and Jenna are offering such wonderful ideas on this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, these look delicious! Can you send me some?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look great! I love all the colors! Stay tuned to Hoosier Homemade...I have something exciting coming from What's New Cupcake that involves marshmallows and colored sugar!
    Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Cupcake Tuesday! I hope you join us next wk too!
    ~Liz@HoosierHomemade

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are really cute I love the colors....

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look so good!! And a perfect activity for the 2 hours between Conference!

    ReplyDelete
  6. simply adorable and bright and happy and cheerful. Love your blog adventure...must follow. If you gals figure out what it is about fabric, please let me know. I'm an avid dish, fabric and paper collector.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Denise, I'll let you know if I ever figure it out. It's good to know there are more of us!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails