Thursday, October 21, 2010

Make MUFFINS!!!!!!

I love these muffins. They are hearty...and a little bit more on the healthy side of life.
I follow a basic muffin recipe out of my old and trusty Betty Crocker"s Cookbook, but, I also go a bit "free-style"with ingredients. Like...


...chopping up golden delicious apples, adding in raisins, chopped walnuts....

...and some yummy cinnamon. I slowly cook until the apples are nice and soft. Smells fantastic!


I use my potato masher to slightly mash my hot apple ingredients...just a little mashing is all you need. Add this to any basic muffin recipe.....but, use brown sugar, and a combo of wheat flour and oatmeal flour. Add a little splash of wheat germ to really make this muffin special.


I load my muffin cup liners about 3/4 of the way full.

And, then sprinkle the tops with my homemade granola.
Bake at 350 for about 18 minutes.

Smells great and tastes great. I broke a muffin open so that you could see the inside. It was most likely still a little toooooo hot and soft. But, really. I would rather eat these muffins hot from the oven than any other way.



These muffins are easy to take anywhere for a snack. They seem to hold together very well, once cooled.



1 comment:

  1. cinnamon and apples are a perfect match any time of the year, but there's just something about fall that makes it especially nice

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails